Tuesday, September 14, 2004

speaking of lucky unlucky

Do you remember that game you..we..I what is the logical way of putting that... used to play...lucky unlucky. It was a narrative game where each player took turns in adding a sentence/event to the story which always had to be prefixed with alternating luckily/unluckily sentence modifiers.
So you'd start with some lame-o first line this morning like 'This morning I woke up and all my family were gone, and the next contributor would say 'luckily they left a note, the next would add, unluckily it was written in hieroglyphics,...etc. Oh how I would love this. My best friend Justin was excellent at this game. He probably still is. We moved away in the first year of high school and I saw him only once since then when I moved back to that town when I was 17. I was sitting in a car just leaving a party, the only party I went to that entire year, and I ended up getting beaten up and had to tell the family I was living with that I sleptwalked (0r do I mean sleepwalked... slepwalked sounds better, someone better contact Pinker et al... Into a desk to explain my swollen nose, which incidently has never been the same.... and Justin walked past. I said to whoever was sitting next to me 'that guy was my best friend' until I was thirteen which in a funny way was a way of saying goodbye. I didn't get out, I didn't call him over I just watched him walk past.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home