Monday, September 06, 2004

smooth sailing please

Monday again, after a one day weekend, back at work, so I am using this procastination tool ((C) Bitch, Ph.D) to avoid working on my lecture onth elifty subject of control verbs, though I must admit I do enjoy saying BIG PRO a lot. I suppoe I should go and thank everybody for their hard work on the conference, but I do not wish to relive the experience so I will let that go for a while.
Are there any historians of the Tudor period out there? I just watched some fancy British production about Henry VIII (tv cashing in onthe success of Elizabeth no doubt) but Henry had a surpisingly Estuary accent. He occasionally replaced the with v. Were they making a point about the origins of the Tudors or something, or was the actor just crap at accents?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home