Tuesday, July 26, 2005

complications arise out of cost cutting measures

Heard in my corridor this morning.
Academic A: Well at least there are only 11 more weeks this semester.
Academic B: Yes, well, that is something to look forward to.

In other news, I am giving a talk on my fieldwork for my colleagues tomorrow. I say talk because I wasn't quite planning on anything as formal as a seminar. Besides which my colleagues, who are all in totally related disciplines though do not realise it, would not understand the main thread of my research ... That came out snippy, didn't it, but that is the result of lumping disparate departments into nice and tidy school structures.

Anyways, then I get a phonecall from the philosophers saying they'd like to attend, so I am imagining that I will need to do something a little more um well comprehensive now ... as in a properly constructed argument, and possibly some diagrams, though I do have to sing four songs. Then I get a phonecall from our administrator saying that since she made a mistake on the flyer about the room number and had to send it out again she couldn't change the other mistake which sees me now scheduled for an hour long seminar.

Hence the procrastination here.

Had a good weekend though in our local wine producing province with family to celebrate my sister's 40th (I am next) and my dad's all clear on the medical front.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monkey's Max said...

Ludovic, darling, when I picture you in a seminar, you are still 24 and delivering your talk in the English department library at UJEP.

Good news about your dad.

XXOO

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home