Sunday, July 03, 2005

back on track and bound for nowhere

The doom and gloom of post illness blues are lifting and I have celebrated by cleaning and tidying about 65% of the house. Unfortunately it was the 65% percent that was not looking to shabby. Unfortunately I got tired and side tracked by Levi-Strauss while putting things back in the pantry and fell asleep in there... yes I fell asleep in the cupboard. Apart from being robbed of stamina b y being sick last week was pretty busy which explains it. In fact broguth home a lot fo work to do which I have successfully avoided by cleaning staring at screens, both computer and tv kinds and also managed to do some aimless wandering. Procrastination will continue after this post by the concocting of a borshch like soup and perhaps a lie down, and then some marking fo some incredibly late assignments and then some editting of some articles I am trying to hash into some kind of book and then back to Levi-Strauss. I am giving a department seminar which is no biggy except for the fact that I keep changing my topic and then changing my approach to the topic, so perhaps I should give a seminar entitled "Some interesting things about The story of the hen which don't quite gel into a lucid or interesting whole"

In my reading of reviews of L-S, yes they are still being written despite the fact that he hasn't published anything for quite some time due to the fact that he is dead, someone, and I admit I can't remember who and I didn't write it down, said that structuralism is anti-humanist. I would like to hear more on this so any guest bloggers would be welcome...

School starts back again and I will be officially teaching again for the first time since November. I have to keep this a secret as at my institution you are not a real academic unless you like to whine about your teaching load. Anyway enough of the text-based procrastination, am of to practice culinary procrastination.

Oh and btw, while asleep in the cupboard I dreamt that I went shoe shopping with Nick Cave. He was much shorter than in real life. I hope Monkey's Max will tell me what that means.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monkey's Max said...

Ludovic, the dream clearly means that you must travel to Berlin to buy a new pair of Doc Martens. Then you must take the train to Prague and wear the new Docs for the first time while walking across Charles Bridge in a black leather coat and with a lit cigarette in your hand. Only by doing that will you discover whatever it is that you are seeking.

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home