Sunday, May 22, 2005

not moving out - kicked out

I've got a busy week coming up and so what I am doing? Planning a holiday I don't deserve. Done nothing this weekend towards eleviating the pressure that I'll be under tomorrow. MEt with the bossman on friday. He's quite sweet really, though he could not understand my longterm project at all ... when oh when will we get a head of school is from the same discipline? ... He was also pressuring me to publish from my phd thesis. Clearly he hasn't read it. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I have no interest in publishing in that entire field anymore ... at the end of the thesis I just felt the whole theory thing was a game. A very interesting game but just a game the goal of the game make up new rules of the game. I now that was just phd fatigue but more applied and contextual research is of greater interest to me now (obviously). Still, I shut him up with all my project deadlines over the next three months (which I am avoiding working on right here) ... then he dropped the bombshell that they are requisitioning my office ... for that rare species the visiting scholar ... but I love my office ... it is big and private ... and has a corner ... and a window .... they are moving me to one with dimensions akin to a laundry chute. The sweetner? Oh we can get someone to move your stuff for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home