Sunday, July 11, 2004

Island styles II

Still in Vila and am sorta glad to say that the conference is over. The conference dinner was a bit awkward as I ended up getting the faith healing conversation from someone that I have to work closely with. But It was great to hang out and made a few lingy-type friends, especially David who was a really nice guy. I don't know what having MM as a supervisor would be like. Tho perhaps creepiness was an overall perrsonality type inthe more enior linguist population. So I have that to look forward to.
Anwyawy that's all over and I am back home tomorrow. today a cruise ship has arrived and god it could be sydeny around here. There are a few dazed looking linguists habnign around before htey are off to do more field work but it suddenly seems that people are afraid theyu will be mistaken for tourists....
Oh well so long Vila see you in september

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home