Friday, June 25, 2004

Star sign: Leo the Lion? Sagittarius the archer? No Slacko the procrastinator...

Yet again the them of my post will be procrastination. I wonder if research has been done that shows bloggers... Or at least the habitual blogger type are classic procrastinators.
Today at work I read blogs, answered my emails, did some marking, checked my emails, read some blogs, found an interesting piece of research checked my email x 5 = my work day. Interesting yes, productive, well.... Sadly no.
So I was going to go away for the weekend, but then since I didn't get anything done today, I thought quite virtuously, you'd better not go. Stay in, get things done, as Bowie says in Let's Dance ahh David's shiny middle years, when he was less interesting... I wonder if that is what is happening to me. So I immediately starting thinking how can I entertain myself. What videos would I like to watch? Should I go out drinking, Perhaps I'll do both. Get a grip Gids! For Chrissakes, do some work.

But you know, my house needs cleaning, and my oven probably needs a once over. How we kid ourselves with this virtuous time-wasting.

Oh well, I can relive my teenage shoe gazing years... I have my mod anorak on, and have brought home the new VU greatest hits... Used to own them all on vinyl, and then in one ill-advised embracing of the future/oh-god-I'm-moving-house-again-can-be-arsed-lugging-lps-around fit of laziness, I left all my records behind in a house we were kicked out of for earthquake safety reasons. Two days later some builders turn up at a friend's 2nd hand record shop and walk away with quite a bit of money... The building remained empty for eight years before any earthquake proofing/slash upmarket inner city living for people who really want to live in the city with all the comforts of a suburb type apartments. I loved living there and would have saved heaps of money if they had let us stay up until that point ... The houses I have loved and lost, eh.
Anyway so the Velvet underground will be the soundtrack of the evening, and I can shoegaze and do some shuffly type dance in the comfort of my own living room and relive those halcyon (is that a tranquilizer) days....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home