Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Island styles

Well hey there from Vanuatu, okay more properly halo, yu orait?
After all that stressing about the stress of coming here, it has been remarkably unstressful. I guess i got all the stressing out of the way. I found a place to stay and haven't run out of money and I have to a a relatively high degree (for me) mingled with the other conference goers.

The conference has been pretty excellent except that I can't ready any of the ohps, but my glasses will be ready when I get back. Some really interesting stuff about genre in Kilivila but as per usual the historical issues seem to overshadow everything, and boy is historical phonology not my strong point.

Ah well, today is the conference halfday and I had a meeting with Helen about Aulua and getting the community more behind the project. I had better get a wriggle on with my end of the bargain....

I thought I would look into buying some more mats but they seem to have disappeared off the tourist menu here... This is costing a fair few vatu so...I'm gonna split. A full report when I get back



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home