Thursday, July 20, 2006

getaway plans

I guess it has been a while ....

So I tried to escape the schmerz by running away to the big city and it worked. Went down to visit the recently holidayed M and S fully expecting to find them all married up. What else do you do in Vegas? ... shoe shop apparently!

So I met the on Friday night in the city and it was full of shiny young things. This was scary for two reasons - the full part - Palmengrad streets are empty even on the most rocking night. And the shiny part. I felt so country cousin ... but well I drank stuff and was happy to be with M and S and run into V who apparently has been shifty of late. Then I started to recognise people, and they recognised me. It felt good to see people after four long years in the 'grad. It is safe to say it hasn't changed me unrecognisably. Hurrah, perhaps still a little young a little shiny ....

We went to Chow again and the waiter who I don't know but still knows me was excited to see us. He gave us a top tip involving garlic soy and coconut rice. It tasted like biscuits. We then went to Habana where they have a sort of smoking lounge... but we didn't last long ...not feeling shiny anymore... and went home with burgers on the way ....


Day two in the big city and we shopped ... okay so I shopped but S cheered me on. I bought three pairs of shoes from the one store and then went crazy and bought a pair of jeans from where I wanted to buy a t-shirt ... they make the cool newtown but well you know how it is when you are on a roll ...

curse blogger ... I had pictures to show you ...

oh well ...

anyways ... the schmerz did lift like a wellington fog this weekend and then dramaticallay descended on Monday ... or is that buyer's remorse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home