Thursday, October 07, 2004

Well, well and unwell

So I received a comment.My first. And from Prof B. My hero. I know I know I can hear Bertolt in my head - Unhappy the land that needs heroes. Still words of encouragement are always good.. Though I would hate the good professor to get the blame if I now unleash a torrent of whining... Could there be more you ask - about my doomed sexlife, this hideous town and this ridiculous job.

Have actually got quite a bit of work done today, despite the fact that the flu which seems to have been waiting in the wings for weeks is about to grab the spotlight. But I promised myself that I would work hard last night but succumbed to couch and takeaways after explaining online a particularly intricate and elegant theory which is usually accompanied by complicated diagrams which we had to just keep in our heads I felt extraordinarily ... over it. I shall do some tonight. I promise I will lock out the TV, home to all my friends, and turn off the phone, it actually now rings, which has brought great relief to the market researchers.

1 Comments:

Blogger bitchphd said...

it actually now rings, which has brought great relief to the market researchers. LOL. God, I know what you mean.

Re comments, you must link!! Link, my boy!!!

Whining = good. I started out whining. Have you read my archives? Lord. And hey, it's cathartic. And then other people whine and it starts to all become just ludicrously funny, in a bitter sort of way.

Or you could start sex-chatting. I'm totally completely not kidding. See if you can find a nice man who'll buy you a plane ticket.

I'm sorry, I'm being flip (but not about sex-chat). I hate my hideous town, too, but I do have la familia to keep me company here. I feel bad for you. You need a vacation.

And thanks for the kind words. I'm a shitty hero, but thanks.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home