Monday, October 11, 2004

The Lady Mayor of Damascus

Well, spent the weekend incubating this cold and marking essays. Took occasional breaks to go out in search of coffee.. Actually ended up at the one good restaurant in this town, so of course it was empty, and was asked if I would like to sit near the two only occupied tables because I might like to watch the kids playing... Now I like children, I even like children I am not related too, perhaps a little more, but my first reaction was as if I had been invited to be some kind of pervert, and then perhaps they thought, ah he's on his he can look out for the kids, see they don't break anything.... And then I realised she thought I must need some entertainment... But I had the newspaper and we have just had the nationwide Mayor idol... I mean elections, that's right our country exchanges mayors all on the same day, its amazing how many of them have been mayor of more than one town... itinerant mayor seeks chains ..... hmm. So I checked out which of the semi-urban middle class types had got the gong and yes our new lady mayor ... another disgusting phrase looks likes like some sub Penelope Keith type snob with pearls and not much in the way of lips... ah well no power lippy for her... but I am sure she will make an excellent mayor and resolve the burning issues... what to do with the floral clock... and how to get those poor people away from breeding rottweilers and encourage them to get on with nice golden labs or a border collie ....

Should have stuck with minding the kids.

One of my colleagues is the type always concerned with other peoples' sexual orientation. I personally find this a dull pursuit. I think it really is something that occupies those who came like her very late to their own road to (Gay/Lesbian/trans/takatapui/whatever) Damascus.... but she spent the whole afternoon convincing herself that this guy and that was secretly craving well ... cock I guess.

And on that note I think I'll leave this post.. trying to decide which is more depressing these phantom legions of men all on the down low or her trying to second guess their M.O's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home