Tuesday, October 19, 2004

bow down before me, I am admin that I am

Aargh! I am writing a budget for my fieldtrip. Number crunching. What I really hate about this is the fact that my institution has to approve my budget even though the money is coming from an outside funding source. What the... the administrators of this university think they rule... and I am sure they dream of writing graffiti Admin rulz. A student I am supervising was filling in her ethics form today, and she had got through all the nasty questions about are you going to keep tissue samples.... excuse me? Can't you get a different form for the humanities? And explain why you want the exact number of participants... The last question....

q.171 (okay I am exaggerating slightly) Why do you want to do this research?


I thought this was about ethics. She was thinking about writing either 'I pulled it out of a hat' or 'because I won't have to keep tissue samples for this research', but after some consultation we decided 'Jesus made me' might be a good answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home