Thursday, August 17, 2006

You can't beat Welly on a good day

It's just gone 5, and I've cracked open a bottle of beer. I didn't used to keep alcohol in my house. I ceonceptualise drinking as something that happens in public among people, but boy how wrong was I!

Snuck down to the big city yesterday and gave a talk. Here my biggest group of clients is 13, there the lecture hall seated about 90. And I got a big clap! More than that all ninety wanted to participate. I can't get my group here to answer a question. It is considered an evasion of privacy.

Anyway always good to be back in a real city and here are some nice photos for those of you who also miss it.


Look at that blue sky, marvel at that harbour and look at that Narnia type lamp post. How twee!

The beauty of going to the big city on a Wednesday is that it means I CAN'T go to Ballroom dancing. How I hate it. I how hate the insistence of heteronormativity despite the fact there are a few women there who did not bring dance partners. HOw I hate the teacher's cheesy jokes, her insistence of her own elegance, and her poor teaching skills. Luckily she is afraid of me and my partner so she never comes near us. Only one more week to avoid...

On a shocking note, the brother of a friend has been kidnapped in the middle east. Thinking of you O + S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home