Sunday, August 13, 2006

breaking the silence

Attentive readers will have noted that I have not posted for a while. I was waiting for the emails begging me .... yeah right. No, in all seriousity it has been partly because I have been hella busy as the kids would say, at work, and partly the schmerz, but mainly because i have been under the knife.

You see I have been harbouring an ugly secret from those who have not seen me in a while. Apart from my usual scratchy skin, I had in the past month or so been sporting a wart on my lip. This probably was the unacknowledge source of the schmerz, as you could imagine. My self-esteem more jelly-like than rock solid at the best of times took quite a big hit from this little gift from the kava bowl. I also had to wait quite a while before it could be removed as the residual anti-malarials make you bleed more easily and as my doctor said lips are so vascular.

So Ludo went under the knife without anaesthetic, tougher than I look me, and now the wart is gone. And my mood has lifted somewhat ... My self-esteem also soared briefly last week due to some ( I want to say 'deserve' but I don't think it is something that is a reward) sex that was so good it made me believe in God.) That is all I want to say on that matter. So I guess I shoudl be rethinking field work. Two different strains of malaria and now facial deformities don't make it such an attractive concept, does it? Or am I being shallow?

So moving on to the pictures. Some weeks ago now, I accompanies a colleague over to the Bay. The bay which WW assures me has no the in front of it. Napier is the homeland of my father's clan, and it was nice to remember driving there to my grandfather. I hadn't been in years and the town has really embraced its art deco-ness and is looking great. I think though that i enjoyed the countryside more than the town .... Hell! I am getting rural. Thanks Palmengrad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home