Sunday, October 16, 2005

pinky blue


So the choices were baby pink or baby blue. Two of my least favourite colours. And why should there be this subtle or not so subtle gender agenda with cleaning products. Its bad enough I have to live with these ugly wooden blinds never mind having to buy ugly products to clean the buggers. Do household cleaner things have a history of gendered design? Have I just noticed this before... The inventors of Australasia's (I hate that term) most popular domestic bleach named the product of their wives - Jan and Nola = Janola (TM). I wonder how they felt about it, a little pleased, the immortality of the eponym? Or perhaps they got the message that inventing the stuff was the last 'the boys' were going to have to do with it. From here on in it would be Jan and NOla, mopping, scouring, disinfecting, and when disaffected with household chores - drinking?

Oh and what's with the name handy dandy duster?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home