Thursday, September 08, 2005

The wet spot

Quiz question: What band is named after the average volume of ejaculate?
My answer: Loving spoonful
Real answer: 10cc
Doesn't that seem an awfol lot?
Anway we WON the quiz. My team-mates immediately constructed themselves as perpetual winners, and wondered out loud if they would get bored winning every week.

Steven has been staying with me, and well all those other posts about how I am a terrible host .... it turns out that this only applies to family member guests. So or you unrelated types feel free to come on down (especially you MM).

On the work front, the 'clients' are away at the moment, and I have been getting some research done, and enjoying it. Going to Wellibu to give a couple of free lectures to the cool kids of that fine city. Yesterday I went to a work related baby shower. It was kinda fin to bust in on what is usually secret women's business, but they were desperate for numbers. All was going swimmingly until the other revellers(?) demanded that the very very soon to be mother unpack the baby buggy and put it together.... NOt a good idea to get a room full of academics to try and construct a real world tangible useful object. Luckily my colleague's wife who is immensely practical and loathes timewasting let the academics puzzle over it for about 15 minutes then put it together quietly in oh about 2mins flat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Monkey's Max said...

Thanks for the invitation, Ludo (assuming that 'MM' means me). I would love love love to see you. Now you have made the wheels start turning so you never know...

XXOO

9:42 PM  
Blogger Ludovic said...

MM you are MM!
The second bedroom is all set up and waiting...

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home