Monday, November 01, 2004

spooky!

Today I got a lot done... can you believe it? Last night I forgot about Halloween which is not an 'indigenous' celebration here ... Its seen as a North American import..., so I had to hide when I got actual real live trick or treaters.
But anyway got through a lot of stuff here today... including the editing of my student guide...We are pretty much encouraged to write textbooks for our students and then told told it is not worth anything when we get research audited. They have to be ready 6 months before the relevant course starts. Spent the rest of the afternoon advising a nephew on his English homework... okay writing it for him... hell it is the first email I have ever got from him and he is seventeen... and then helping my favourite distance student with her exam preparation. She is only my favourite because she was born in 1921. Go the life-long learning!
Then I went drinking. On a Monday. So sue me. No! fire me. See if I care. I had a chat with my long suffering boss , n.b. I am not the cause of her suffering... honest.... I had sort of decided that she should be my role model since the guy who I wanted to work with because I thought I could learn a lot from announced he was leaving as soon as I accepted the job.... and She is great, well respected in her field, supportive, ethical, hard worker, team player... so naturally well lets just say the institution doesn't want to be friends with her anymore. We were talking about that and she was saying how lucky I was to be going away and I told her don't be surprised if I don't come back....
While I was drinking though I edited one of the aforementioned student guides, and I have to say it was pretty good. I should send it to the local doyenne of such subjects and see what she makes of it....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home