Sunday, January 08, 2006

hello? excuse me? You mean what?

So I fell of the non-smoking bandwagon last night briefly. It wasn't my fault. I am pleading peer pressure from strictly social smokers. It was surprising how foul it tasted after only a week. And I am not craving a cigarette at all today so I think I might have this thing knocked ... of course I may be speaking too soon.

So went out last night and hit the high spots of this strange town. Chu hai at Mao, and then Tui elsewhere. The formerly dubious bar Deano's has had a makeover and reopened with a really elegant design which doesn't match the fact that it is also a sportsbar for early middle aged beefy males unless this demographic has a keen sense of design ... in which case genius niche marketing!

This morning I went out and wandered around and bought a borer bomb which I am about to set off and saw a van parked outside some baptist type clap for the lord church. The van was the commmercial vehicle for some outfit that runs a (no doubt cutting edge) clothing boutique called ... Jesus, the passion, the fashion. Hmm I know that religions ideally are a way of life not just a once a week in the temple kind of thing, but incorporating secular concepts into high fashion and giving them a religious veneer is not fooling anyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home