Sunday, November 27, 2005

the correlations between mopping and blogging

blogging is something I do as I wait for the floor to dry.
So much of my posts seems to be about cleaning. Which is odd -I am such a slob. Obviously as I haven't posted for a while.

Have been up and down the island. I went to the big city in the north for a conference, which was ultimately dull and yet again I failed to network - though did ask questions at quite a few papers so I guess I was visible. I stayed with E & M (and my god-daughter) at their new house by the beach. The house looks like a cross between a boatshed and a tea rooms, with a wild adn ovegrown garden with lots of beautiful native birds - tui and kereru getting drunk on the rotting berries.

Their life looks great from the inside and out. Though they work hard to maintain it. M like S is somewhat saintly in the weight they carry in the day to day duties ... I wonder if I would be the same ... probably not.

Got kidnapped yesterday in a borrowed car and took Dr Nietzche to Wgtn. We visited every bookshop and cafes in between. I was secretly and childishly proud when I stopped to say hello to people and after Nietzche would say - you know everyone.

Been hanging with him and Dr Oscar and Pepper Bell, MA a fair bit, bit for some reason they depress me. Well maybe not actively, maybe I remember my depression when I am around them - is that a kinder blameless way of saying the same thing. I just feel quite often I have nothing to say to them. Dr N said that I remind him of one of his sisters - she's been alone so long she probably couldn't get used to having a partner ...

Well a person from porlock called ... there are so few of them ... and I shall leave you to go drink.
Cheers

2 Comments:

Blogger Monkey's Max said...

Re the comment towards the end about you being like the sister:
Don't you listen to that Dr N, Ludo. With all due respect, he is full of shit. I hope his sister doesn't listen to him either. What a horrible thing to say just because someone doesn't settle into relationships with every fool that happens along.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Ludovic said...

I think he might be partly right ... but I guess the proof lies in more fools coming along

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home