Sunday, January 15, 2006

jerusalem - a day trip




Today L and I visted Athens, Corinth, London and Jerusalem all in one day ... here is the proof ...

Yes, they are all Maori settlements along the Whanganui river. So if you are at all linguistically minded you can work out the phonology or Maori - no no no .... no consonants together and words must end in a vowel so usually you add the last vowel in your name to the last consonant as has been done here ... Send yours in ... neatest correct entry wins ...

4 Comments:

Blogger Ludovic said...

okay I'll get you started ... my name is either Rutowiki or Ruto for short ...

7:50 PM  
Blogger Monkey's Max said...

I think a monosyllabic name makes this game easier. I would be Maxa, wouldn't I? Even my other name, I think I would only have to add an 'a' to the end. I like your other name with an extra vowel on the end too.

1:26 AM  
Blogger Ludovic said...

Nice work or kapai as they say around here. Technically Maori treats x as two consonants, breaking it into k + s, and having nothing in the way of s it becomes h, or or just plain k ... so you have a choice between maka or makihi. And if you add Monkey to it
it Would be Maka a Makimaki. Your other name with another vowle is a very common one here.
Here endeth the lesson

8:50 AM  
Blogger Monkey's Max said...

Cool, Ruto. xo

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home