Thursday, May 18, 2006

in case you were wondering

Things are getting ever scarier in my workplace. The powers that be flicker and falter like a cheap lightbulb and are forever in crisis mode which means we the workers are never given any justifications for the cutbacks ... in anything but our workloads. My clients consider Wikipedia the last word on everything and I pace the halls in ever-demented circles anything that looks like work.
On the upside, I have new pants.
Two pairs.
One fancy and one pair of jeans.
Now that my war against Calvin Klein is over I have decided to embrace black again. So yes I am looking pretty much as I did in the eighties, though slightly less coiffured. This last aspect has presented me with a new anxiety ... perhaps I am sporting singer-songwriter hair ...

From time to time I worry that my blog is apolitical, and I fail to rail against the ills ravaging our society. And for that I do apologise. It is not that I don't have opinions on such matters or that I am not apalled by the continuing ... I was going to say Americanisation of the world but that is unfair ... I mean republicanisation of the world, but frankly I would be far less interesting on such matters than others. So I'm afraid you'll have to go elsewhere for current news and international crises ... though we did for a short period have a tsunami warning over our head ... but anxieties over self-presentation and impression management against the desolate backdrop of my social life ... as my English lecturer once said ... there is no good fuck in the wasteland ... will have to serve as entertainment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home